Apply for a Grant
We’re here to provide direct help to children in B.C. with special needs - it’s what we’re passionate about and we cover a wide spectrum of support.
Variety helps children who meet the following criteria:
- Children from 0 to their 19th birthday.
- B.C. or Yukon resident for a minimum of three months with a valid Health Care Card.
- Qualified special need (medical/developmental) as recognized by a designated professional.
- Financial circumstance that limits the ability to afford the item or service required.
Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Complete our online prescreen form for your Individual or Organizational request (Emergency Response and Sunshine Coaches don't require a prescreen).
- After we receive your form, we'll contact you based on our guidelines and provide a formal application for you to complete and submit.
- We'll review your completed application and contact you with the status of your approval.
Life-saving medical care and services
- Funding for travel and accommodations while a child is receiving urgent medical care outside their home community.
- Grants to cover costly medication or medical supplies.
- Organizational grants for pediatric or neo-natal medical equipment, funding for construction or renovations of medical centres who assist children in need.
Life-changing mobility, communication and therapies
- Funding for mobility equipment including wheelchairs, walkers, orthotics and adapted bicycles.
- Grants to cover hearing devices and specialized therapies.
- Organizational grants for child development centres for equipment, construction and renovation costs as well as therapeutic teaching technologies.
Life-enriching education and experiences
- Funding for educational bursaries and tutoring programs.
- Grants for specialized camps.
- Organizational grants for specialized programs that offer children enriching experiences.
We’re here for children who have special needs with a wide range of support that will help them achieve their unique potential.Learn more
We team up with organizations that support child development and hospitals that provide medical care to children in need of pediatric treatment throughout B.C.Learn more
We’re here to help when you need immediate assistance arising from a medical emergency. We can provide funding for you to access medical care, supplies and related expenses not covered by MSP, Pharmacare, hospitals or other agencies.Learn more
We believe children deserve to have access to life-enriching support. Our Sunshine Coach program helps make that possible by providing safe transport to places providing specialized therapies, education and experience.Learn more
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Contact us to discuss what other assistance we provide: Call: 310.KIDS (5437) or email.