We're in this together.
We believe that as a team we can reach even more children with special needs.
- Support children and youth from birth to their 19th birthday and must provide services to children/youth who meet Variety’s individual grant eligibility for funding in B.C.
- Support children with a qualified (and confirmed) special need (medical/developmental). Generally a minimum of 25-50% of the total number of children the program/project will support
- Be a registered not-for-profit organization and have a Canada Revenue Agency Registration Number (CRA#) in good standing
- Applying organizations cannot have received funding from Variety in the past two years unless the application is for a different program and will benefit a new group of children
Areas of Support and Programs
Variety organization grants provide direct support to children in B.C. with special needs, including, but not limited to, funding for:
- Specialized equipment (adaptive, recreational/sports, medical)
- Construction/renovations (not wholly supported by government)
- Programs that directly deliver support(s) to children with special needs
- Capital campaigns which directly support children with special needs
- Summer camps that are inclusive and support special needs children
- Training and resources that increase the ability for special needs children to participate
How to Apply
All application inquires start here.
Once eligibility criteria has been submitted and confirmed, Variety’s grant program team will follow up with the request to determine if it fits Variety’s guidelines and priorities. Organizations that best suit the mandate will be invited to submit an application. Applications are invited and reviewed twice a year. Depending on the value of the request, applications are reviewed by the Heart of Variety Committee and then by the Board of Directors.
Applications are reviewed within two months of the closing date(s) that applications are received. All approvals or denials are provided in writing. Variety does not provide cash donations and does not reimburse any monies spent prior to approval in writing.
What and How Much Funding is Available?
The Variety Board of Directors sets the grant budget annually. Variety’s fiscal year begins October 1. As funds may be different from year to year and in relation to the number of many worthwhile proposals received, Variety will direct its community investment towards activities that are most consistent with its priorities and that are likely to have the greatest impact.
Compliance with our policies and guidelines does not guarantee funding of any application.
Closing dates for Organization Grants
|Closing Dates Fall 2016||Closing Dates Spring 2017|
|Inquiries via website||August 31 (5pm PST)||February 28 (5pm PST)|
Application deadlines (for those invited)
|September 30 (5pm PST)||March 31 (5pm PST)|
|Approvals provided||By December 31||By June 30|
For funding exclusion information, please click here.