MANAGER, MAJOR GIFTS
The Manager, Major Gifts will serve as a key member of Variety BC’s Development Team and will be responsible for building a major gift program & growing revenue.
In this position reporting to the Director of Development, you have a strong background in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual prospects and donors. You have a proven track record of securing gifts at the $10K+ level. You excel at growing revenue from existing and new donors.
To be successful in this role you will be a skilled and experienced fundraiser, a relationship builder with exceptional communication skills both written and verbal and have a proactive approach to sustain and grow revenue. Ideally, you have campaign experience.
- Works with the Director of Development to set goals for the major giving program
- Prepares the strategic plan for the program
- Develops, cultivates, and stewards a portfolio of individuals and conducts cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities
- Asks and confirms philanthropic gifts of $10,000+
- Plays a key role in working with the Director of Philanthropy Services & Manager of Donor Relations to identify major donor prospects
- Provides strategic input into cases for support and other campaign materials
- Meets face-to-face with donors to keep them updated on Variety’s initiatives
- Builds mutually beneficial relationships with Variety’s donors
- Develops tailored proposals & stewardship reports for individuals
- Coordinates the logistics of major gift cultivation events
- Identifies major gift donors to attend Variety’s signature fundraising events who are committed to making a donation at the event.
Education & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably combined with a Certified Fund Raising Executive
- Minimum of five years of major gift fundraising experience
- Exceptional strengths in major gift solicitation and demonstrated success in closing gifts
- Ability to build strong relationships with prospective and current donors, as well as senior leadership team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including proficiency in public speaking and presentations
- Solid working knowledge of database programs, in particular, Raiser’s Edge & computer programs such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Self-starter & extremely motivated to succeed
Daily interaction with the Development Team, Event Team, Marketing Team and all staff.
Maintain and build positive relationships with donors, committee members, sponsors, third-party fundraising event organizers, non-profit organizations, service clubs, corporate partners & community leaders. All contact will be executed in a professional manner which will optimize Variety’s appeal, presence, fundraising ability and donor retention in BC.
To apply, click here.
The Development Coordinator will serve as a key member of the Development Team and will report into the Events Manager. He / she will coordinate many of Variety’s signature annual events including Variety Week, Gold Heart Gala, One Night Gala, Mobility Day, Radiothons and Vintage Market. This individual will support the Events Manager in growing event revenue, including community-level sponsorships.
- Coordinate and execute Variety’s signature events
- Help manage event auctions including solicitation, event-day organization and post-event stewardship
- Apply for community-level sponsorship for events
- Ensure accurate tracking of event-day logistics, post-event reporting and stewardship
- Recruit, train, support and ensure appropriate recognition for event volunteers
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sponsors, donors, and volunteers as needed
- Support volunteer event committees
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to prepare event marketing material
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and a diploma in Event Management preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of event and / or fundraising experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write sponsorship applications and stewardship reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects
- A resourceful self-starter who exhibits strong leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License
- Must be able to travel within BC for events
- Flexible schedule as travel, evening and weekend work will be required
Daily interaction with the Director of Development, Events Manager, Manager of Donor Relations and Manager of Fund Development
Maintain and build positive relationships with donors, sponsors, third-party fundraising event organizers, committees, service clubs, corporate partners and community leaders
To apply, click here.
For our latest news and updates, visit our social channels!
- Facebook: facebook.com/variety.bc.ca/
- Twitter: twitter.com/VarietyBC
- Instagram: instagram.com/varietybc/
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/company/variety-the-children’s-charity/