- Is a B.C. resident
- Caring for a child/children with special needs, and have a demonstrated need for a wheelchair accessible van.
- Owners must complete an application form for a “Sunshine Van”, including providing supporting documentation as required by Variety’s granting process (see “Supporting Documents” below).
- Cannot be receiving funds for a new van or van conversion from any other not-for-profit organization or program.
- Must agree to terms and conditions of the “Sunshine Van” program, including having a valid drivers license in good standing.
- Family is required to sign a media release and conditions letter, if selected.
- Availability of a van is dependent on funds raised.
- Location of the recipient is taken into consideration.
- Families most in need, and/or a child’s condition may be prioritizing factors.
- Vans are selected by Variety, and will be a standard conversion (with one rear van ramp and tie downs for one wheelchair).
- Completed Application
- Letter of Justification (from healthcare referral stating diagnosis and need for van)
- Notice of Assessment
- Driver’s Abstract from ICBC