Assistance is available for B.C. residents who:
- Have a Care Card/PHN number issued by Medical Services Plan of BC, and have a child who is receiving medical care at BC Children’s Hospital or Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children.
- Live outside Metro Vancouver (not including Anmore, Belcarra, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Lions Bay, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, White Rock, West Vancouver and Electoral Area A).
- Note: residents of Bowen Island and island communities within Electoral Area A are eligible for the Accommodation Subsidy due to the requirement of ferry travel. Please consult the Metro Vancouver website to determine if you reside within these boundaries.
Accommodation arrangements are provided at convenient locations in the Vancouver/Richmond area for families with a child, aged 18 years and under, including premature babies and newborns with other health concerns. The program provides accommodation assistance to a family for one room up to 30 days per medical visit.
A Few Things To Note
Here are a few things to note:
- Confirmation of the dates of medical treatment or duration of visit at BC Children’s Hospital or Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children is confirmed by a patient services representative at BC Children’s Hospital.
- Families who wish to make their own arrangements for accommodation are responsible for the cost of that accommodation. Payment of the accommodation subsidy is made directly to the facilities approved by the program. No funds will be provided directly to the patient or their family.
- Local transportation costs, meals or other personal expenses are the responsibility of the patient or the patient’s family.
E-mail email@example.com to apply for assistance through this program.
If you have a child who has special needs and want to find out more about how Variety helps BC families click here.